Wednesday 8 September 2021

BROKEN MIRROR Ep 8

 Episode 8.



With my father's bad temper, I wonder why he was so calm about my mother's unavailability.


The journey of 2 days turned to 5 days. Later on, it grew into weeks. My mom was certain that as long as my cousins were around to take care of the home, everything else would be fine.


Although i didn't see them talk about it in public, I know my dad wasn't really cool with the situation of things.


When I was much younger and the only one at home, I enjoyed sleeping between mom and dad. Many nights, I would sleep off on the sofa in the sitting room, only for me to wake up the following morning between mom and dad. 


When my cousins started living with us, they shared my room with me, so I stopped sleeping in my parents room. However,  many nights when mom is away, dad would ask me to sleep in his room and I didn't see any big deal about it, because I had always slept there since I was a baby.


This particular night, my dad began touching my sensitive parts. I didn't  understand what he was doing and didn't see it as a big deal. It never occurred to me that what he was doing  is the process of birthing a child. 


I remember when I was a kid and I asked my parents how children are born. My mother jokingly said it's by prayer and many times I prayed that God should send me younger siblings from heaven, so that I can have people to play with. 


So seeing dad do what he did was more like daddy to daughter play. I still can't wrap my head around everything that happened that night. At a point, he asked me to sleep on his chest and I obeyed.


The day came by faster than usual. I had difficulty urinating. I felt pain everywhere and I couldnt figure out why I felt that way.


"If you ever tell anyone about this, I will kill you." were my father's words that night. I didn't understand why he suddenly became aggressive. 


 His words kept ringing in my head and anytime I wanted to talk to mummy about it, it's either she is too tired to say anything to anyone or busy sorting her files and reports. 


I eventually kept quiet and chose not to mention it to anyone. This went on and on, as my father promised me that if I kept quiet, he would do anything I wanted. He bought me gifts to keep me quiet, but there was this unexplainable feeling I had about everything.


My cousins began to withdraw from me. At first, i thought they were jealous of the special attention i was getting from dad, so i concluded in my heart that as long as dad was there for me, my cousins can do as they like.


The time mom spends at home gradually reduced to the minimal. I still can't understand a mother leaving her home for so long, not caring how we all fared.  


Dad's business continued to grow, but may not be enough for the family if not properly managed, so mom decided to play a supportive role so we could live comfortably.


We recieved one of the biggest shocks of our lives getting home one evening.


"What happened?" The officer asked curiously.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...