Sunday 23 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 3

Story by O'nezer

Episode 3

In my Uncle house, we were offered meals that we couldn't take due to the heavy heart from losing dad.

Both my dad and mum's family had agreed that it wouldn't be proper for us to return to our house. They said we should overcome the pain a little before moving back.

The first day in my uncle's house was quite as everyone was sober and they all seem to move in a coded way like any movement will invite a ghost to the house.

After taking our bath the next day, we were served hot tea and bread. My kid sister almost ate all the bread given to her. I took all my tea with a little bread while Busola and my mum only drank their tea.

My uncle's wife came to persuade them to eat, but she gave up when they were both unyielding.

The day soon came to an end and it seems we were all accepting reality or probably it was just dawning on us that daddy is dead and we have to move on.

I was only eleven years old when daddy died and Busola my elder sister was 14years old while Pamilerin, my kid sister was 8years old.

I was in Jss2, while Busola was in SS1 and Pamilerin in primary 4. We were all in different schools. That was Daddy's wish and we will never be able to understand why he separated our schools.

The following day my uncle's wife had started engaging me in little errands. She said she doesn't want me to keep lamenting,
"Ayomide, you are the man of the house so you have to be strong." she said while placing her hands on my shoulder.

I soon felt eased of the pain that I will never see daddy again, but a part of me couldn't get my mind off that night and how it all unfold.

My uncle had a son about my age, we played together and talked together but when it comes to errands, "Ayomide!" will be called for.
The few days of living with them, my name and that of Busola almost became a national anthem.

With my uncle speaking in hush tones with his wife and we becoming errands masters, mummy couldn't take it anymore. The attention and sympathy from them only lasted for two days and by the third day, no guest came around to visit her again.

Five days later Mummy asked us to pack our things. My uncle had brought some clothes for us from our home. We packed and Mummy told Uncle that we were ready to go back home tomorrow, he didn't object
"it will be better. So that you will be able to overcome the pain quickly" was his response.

We got home the next day and when we got in, everywhere seems strange. Our uncle had brought us there in his car but he left some minutes after saying he needs to meet up with a meeting in the office.

Aside the fact that Daddy's chair was empty and we couldn't hear his voice anywhere around the house, the whole place felt different and after some moments of staring at Daddy's portrait on the wall, Mummy began to cry uncontrollably.

We cried along and kept consoling each other until we had cried our eyes out and felt relieved.

Mummy laid back on the couch and we all went to our different rooms.

I walked around my room, sat on my bed and stood up to walk around again
"Ayomide, is this what it means to lose your dad? I wish I was a bit older." I said to myself as I reached out for a picture of dad and myself that was pinned to the wall by me.

I recalled the day we took the picture and how I teased daddy that I will look more cute in the picture than he is. We had a striking resemblance and no one could doubt the fact that I am the biological child of Mr. Oluseun Adams.

Those were the thoughts going through my head when I heard Busola scream...

What next?
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...