Wednesday 26 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 7

By O'nezer

Episode 7

"Will you just be calm and start getting used to it!" Mummy exclaimed furiously.

Busola felt shocked. She hasn't seen her mum in such mood in a long while.

Mummy walked pass her to the door calling out for Pamilerin.
"Aunty welcome!" she greeted Busola with a warm smile.

"Are you growing or what? Within some months you have changed from the Pamilerin I use to know." said Busola as she pulled Pamilerin closer.

"'Pamilerin, I know all that had happened this school year affected your result. But I don't want you to relax. You have to shake it off and be the Pamilerin I use to know. You are intelligent and you can do better than this, don't let our situation get you distracted. I will do all I can to see you through school." Mummy spoke to Pamilerin from a corner of the room.

"But those your father’s relatives, God will....." she choked and left the room like she was off to get something.

Pamilerin and Busola stared at each other and gave a deep sigh.

It's been a year already after dad's demise. Mummy's shop rent was now due for payment or she will be kicked out of the shop.

"Busola is to resume school and with at least, half of the term fee before she would be allowed in the hostel. Pamilerin school fees can still wait till the mid of the school term. But what about her books? She needs new books. They both need new books" a knock on the door brought Mummy back from her thoughts.

Pamilerin was behind the man knocking with bandages on her head and her right hand in a POP.
"Jesus! What happened to you My dear" she rushed out of the chair rubbing her hands all over Pamilerin.

"What happened to her" she asked amidst tears.

"She... I... I mistakenly hit her  while she was hawking. I'm really sorry about this ma. I promise to visit her always till she gets better" the man who had brought Mummy out of her thoughts said.

"Not now! Not my baby!" Mummy cried.

After a while, she was calm and she made Pamilerin lay down in a corner of the store.

"Here are the drugs prescribed for her. The dosage is written on it" said the man handing over the drugs to her.

"Please ma, help me buy her beverages with this" he handed her some sum of money.

"I am Mr Nelson. I will be coming back to check on her till she gets better" he bade his farewell and asked if that is Mummy's shop and if he will always meet her there.

Mummy is an easy going woman and she didn't see a need to call the police as advised by other shop owners near her.

She kept watching Pamilerin grit in pain and when she couldn't take it anymore, she closed the shop and they both went home.

That night was a sleepless night has Pamilerin couldn't sleep and she had to be taken to a nearby clinic by Busola and my Mum.

Mummy spent almost all the money on her to pay the bills. She would have stayed home to watch over Pamilerin, but that will mean a cashless tomorrow for her. She kept deliberating till she decided to take Pamilerin with her to the shop.

"Your sister has gone to her shop and I can't leave you here all alone by yourself in this condition."

They were both in the shop for over an hour when Mr. Nelson came again.

He and Mum spoke on the sleepless night and what pain her daughter might be going through.

He put some amount of money in Pamilerin's hand where she was laying before he left.

The other shop owners said "there is more to this man that is coming back every day o" Mummy only smiled in response.....

What Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...