Sunday 23 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 5

PAMILERIN
Story by O'nezer

Episode 5

"We are here for the car" one of them said.

Unknown to us, Mummy had been looking for buyers for Daddys car. They had paid in full into Mummy's account and they were here for the car and its documents.

Mummy opened the gate and we all trooped in. She went into the house and in some minutes she came out with a file.
"That must be the documents of the car" I said to myself wishing I could stop the sale of the car and provide the money. I kept thinking as the men checked out each slip of paper in the file.

Some minutes later, one of the men ignited the car and myself and Pamilerin was directed by mummy to open the gate for them.

We could see tears playing around in Mummy's eyes, Like she was fighting for them to remain there and play a little and not in anyway stroll on her cheeks.

When Busola came back that evening, she was shocked not to see dad's car where it had been packed for months.
"Where is the car?" was what she asked immediately she came in to the house. Mummy explained to her and that night, the house was unusually quiet as we only gave each other a stare till the time of prayer.

The money from the car was just enough for our school fees and Mummy kept the rest to stock the house with food and to buy some things to replenish her shop.

We were growing and our clothes were now becoming old and skimpy, but Mummy told us that isn't the next thing for now.

On the second day of resumption I came home and met Pamilerin panting and crying at the gate.
"What is wrong with you? Why are you crying?" I rushed to her to confirm. Upon coming close, I could hear shouts and screams from the house. I quickly rushed in.

Mummy was rolling on the floor and some of my dad's relative were in the house.

My uncle whom we stayed with after the burial was standing in a corner of the room looking furious. They all looked agitated and I greeted them, but without a response from any of them.

I walked up to where mummy was laying down with Pamilerin following me. I squat beside Mummy and asked her what was going on
"They have asked us to move out of the house Ayomide! They have been calling me names for selling their brother's car without their consent." Mummy wailed bitterly and Pamilerin joined her too.

I didnt know what to do. I looked at their faces and it all seemed made up to see us out of the house before they leave.

I knelt and pleaded with them too, but they didn't give me a side look.

Mummy finally stood up and asked us to go pack our things
"Help Pamilerin with Busola's luggage too" she beckoned

They all stood back and watch as we moved our bags out of the house one after the other. Our continuous cry didn't move any of them an inch.

Mummy waved down a taxi and it took us to her shop. It was already getting late and most shops around were closed for the day.

We moved our luggage in and cleared the goods littered around on the floor to a place. In no time we had enough space on the floor that could contain all three of us for the night.

Mummy went out and soon came back with a loaf of bread and some drinks. We had that for the night and she closed the shop from the inside.

It was stuffy and cold on that floor. They were scary sounds from outside and everywhere seems strange. I tried to imagine what Pamilerin might be thinking but most importantly, what might be going through Mummy's mind.

The night was extremely quiet save for the quacks from the night hawks and the funny sounds of things running helter skelter in the shop. That night seems to be the longest night of my life and same with Pamilerin.

She told me in the morning of how scared she was all through the night. She said
"Each time I opened my eyes, I felt like someone was looking at me and when I close them, it seems something was here to carry me away." she explained and a tear dropped.

Obviously there was no way we could get to school that day
"Busola is lucky. She is in a boarding school and she will be in school today" Pamilerin tapped me where I was sitting in the corner of the shop.
"But how will she know where we are when they are on holiday?" She asked as she sat beside me.

"Mummy will tell her during their parent visiting day" I told her. I haven't even thought of that myself. I had only been thinking of spending another night in this scary shop.

Mummy had opened the shop and went out. She didn't tell us where she was up to and she had been gone for many hours that now worth our fear........


What happens next?
Watch out for the next series

Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...