Wednesday 26 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 6

PAMILERIN

Episode 6

Mummy had opened the shop and went out. She didn't tell us where she was up to and she had been gone for many hours that now worth our fear.

There was so much "why are you not in school?" from other shop keepers nearby and we only replied with "nothing."

Hungry and worried, we sat on a wooden chair in front of the shop. We sold the things we knew the price and when we are not sure of the price "we ask them to come back that mummy isn't around."

We were really worried and Pamilerin was already crying when it was mid-afternoon and Mummy was nowhere to be found.

After a while, we saw her coming from a distance and Pamilerin rushed to meet her. Mummy collapsed on the floor right there before the shop and heaved a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry I left you people without telling you were I was going" she pleaded like she was trying to regain her strength.

Mummy bought some food from a canteen in the shopping center. We all ate and she said "pick your bags, we are going out. Just a bag each" she said.

After what seems like a hour of driving, the taxi came to a halt before a gate in an estate. The houses in the estate looked bigger than our house. Well, it is now our former house.

A gate man opened the gate upon the first knock and he greeted us in a funny accent.
The gate man took the bag from Pamilerin and muttered something like "it is too heavy for her age."

When we came into the house, it was a big surprise to see that my mum's elder sister who had said "Bimpe its okay..." after dad's demise lives in a place this big.

"Daddy never allowed us to visit people anyhow so how would I have known" I thought, trying to justify myself.

She gave us a chilled cup of juice as she sat beside Mummy.

The interior of the house didn't catch our attention so much. The only difference with the house is that "it is bigger than our house. Former house!" I corrected as I kept looking around.

"Let me lead you to your room" my Aunty said and she lead the way to a room quite big like my room. But the bed in here is bigger. I told myself.

"We will be here for some days till I secure a place where we can move to." Mummy told us as we undressed to bath.

The day for us to move came and mummy told me I will have to be here for a while.
"She has promised to take good care of you and she will pay your school fees" she tried to cheer me up. But I really wanted to go with her. I didn't like the idea of living with someone.

"Don't worry dear, you will be fine here. Just be a good boy and I will be checking on you too." Mummy encouraged me as she sat in my Aunts car and Pamilerin followed suit waving me goodbye with one hand and using the other to dab her teary eyes.

I watched the car as it zoomed out of the gate and I looked around at my new house. I rushed inside and cried till I was satisfied.

Mummy and Pamilerin moved in to a room apartment somewhere in town. They now had to share the same bathroom and toilet.

Pamilerin will always complain of being bullied by other tenants kids when Mummy is away.

There were frequent fights with co-tenants fighting over a thing or the other.

It took a while for Pamilerin to get used to this lifestyle and when she finally did, no one could cross her path without having a taste of her gall.

It was the end of a school year already. Mummy went to bring Busola to their new abode. Everything about the place felt strange
"About 10 families living in the same compound?" she turned to her mum to confirm like her mum wasn't sure of what she was saying.

Pamilerin had returned from school and she was in the backyard playing with other kids. She had left her result on the only bed in the room that also served as both chair and table in the room.

Mummy had sighted it immediately she dropped her bag, but Busola was busy looking around like she was in a museum.

"My baby performance is really poor this school year" Mummy lamented.

"Is this how you sleep with the windows broken like this? Busola asked pointing to the shattered window before her.

"Will you just be calm and start getting used to it!" Mummy exclaimed angrily...


Watch out for the next series

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...