Wednesday 26 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 8

PAMILERIN by O'nezer

Episode 8

That evening, the caretaker of the shop came for the rent. He had promised to kick Mummy out if she couldn't pay the pending rent
"there are a lot of people who are ready to pay. You have to go!" he had said.

Mummy quickly took the money Mr. Nelson gave Pamilerin together with the little she had sold for the day, but it didn't even sum up to half of the rent.

She showed it to the man, but he was adamant and kept insisting on throwing her and her goods out. Some other shop owners were already there pleading on her behalf, but it all fell on his deaf ears.

She called a tricycle and started packing her goods into bags. Her immediate neighbor came around to help her pack and console her as she couldn't stop crying even if she tried.

Everything was set and when herself and Pamilerin was out of the shop, she looked back and sniffed deeply, "we really have to leave this place." she said helping Pamilerin down the steep stairs.

She pleaded with the Landlord to allow her leave her goods at an empty passage in the corner of the house. He agreed and she moved the goods there.

Busola came home to the bad news and she joined in crying too until she was tired.

Later that night Pamilerin started getting worse. She was wailing bitterly in pains. They couldn't watch her through the night in such pain.

Mummy rushed to call a co-tenant who had a car and Pamilerin was rushed to the hospital. After much test and X-rays, it was discovered that she had "Green stick fracture."  her hands in POP was three times its size.

She was admitted to the hospital and Mummy had to deposit all the money on her to commence treatment.

When it was day break, she left Pamilerin with Busola and head for her sister’s place where I, Ayomide, live.

Mummy got there 9:15am and she met Ayomide washing a car in front of the house. She was hoping to see her sisters kids too but the house was empty.

"Ayomide, why are you not in school?" Mummy asked.

I only smiled and said "nothing."

"Where is your Aunty?" she asked

"She is upstairs" I told her making a turn like to show her the way.

"You look somehow different? I know it's been a while I saw you last but, Ayomide are you alright?" she felt really concerned and couldn't leave me.

"I am not fine Mummy" I smiled tearfully.
"I have become an house boy here and I have not been in school all the while. I am an errand boy to all the children in the house even those younger than me." I explained.

She was out of words and kept staring at me. She wanted to speak but it seems the words were locked up in her throat.

"You haven't been feeding well or feeding at all too?" she said feeling my hands and my neck.

"Yes" I smiled
"It serves as my punishment each time I delay to do a task."

"I'm done for!" Mummy clapped her hands on her head.

Her sister came out at that instance. She was rushing out mumbling some words. Apparently she was coming to lash me for not washing the car on time.

"Oh Bimpe, how are you doing? I didn't know you were here o!" she said quite scared than confident.
"And you couldn't bring her inside Ayomide?" she asked directing mummy to come inside.

Mummy refused to follow her. She broke down in tears and vent her heart out to her sister
"You are the least person I expected this from. I never knew you to be this wicked."

"I didn't do anything!" My Aunty tried to defend herself. But she couldn't find the right words for defense.

"Ayomide, go inside and pack your things. You are leaving here with me right now!" Mummy said angrily.

I tried to feign like I didn't want to go but immediately I saw her eyes turning towards me, I quickly dropped the napkin in my hand and rushed in.

When I came out, I met my Aunt and mum in a serious uproar. Mummy took my hand and we left the house.......

What Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...