Wednesday 12 July 2017

CORPER WALE Episode 8

Story by O'nezer
Episode 8 {Finale}


Wale tried to go back to his daily activities hoping it would distract his mind a bit but he couldn't get his mind off the demise especially Ayomide
"Maybe she wants to live on in my mind and maybe that was why I saw that girl in the hospital looking just like her" he lamented.

Wale moved back to his apartment a month later partially strong enough to move on but he only looked strong enough to the eyes "we almost lost him too you know" Wale's dad said to his wife as they watched him drive out of the gate into the open street.

"Welcome back home!" Wale threw himself into the couch "I wish you were here to kiss me welcome" he stared at the portrait of Josephine on the wall but before he could settle in with the thought his phone beeped.

"Wale, where are you?" His friend Gideon asked on the other end
"I'm back at my apartment" Wale replied.
"I'll be there in some minutes" Gideon said.

Ten minutes later Gideon rushed into the house "I know I shouldn't say this but I saw a girl today and she looks so much like... Like... Ayomide" Wale stood up in a hurry to get what his friend was saying
"Don't do this to me" Wale warned as he recalled the girl he met at the entrance of the hospital.

"I heard seeing someone who looks like our lost loved ones can help us overcome the loss quickly. I can take you to her, that is, if you want to" Gideon continued.

"Not a bad idea" Wale agreed after a brief moment of thought.

Gideon was in a haste to take Wale to the restaurant where he saw the girl "What if she had left already..." many thoughts rushed through Gideon's mind as he drove towards the restaurant
"But what will her father feel seeing me trying to be his daughter's friend?" Wale asked.

Gideon shrugged as Wale packed his car before the restaurant "I don't know why I'm doing this but I think we should see how it unfolds first" Gideon encouraged.

"Joan!" Wale screamed in disbelief
"What are you doing here?" Wale continued walking up to Joan his girl during his service year.
"I've been in this area for a year now. I own this place" Joan smiled astonished and feeling bitter at the same time.
"It's one of the best restaurant around" Gideon called out from behind looking everywhere to get a glimpse of the little girl he came for.

"So what should we serve you?" Joan asked smiling at the men who looked curious and Gideon who now seemed more curious saw a girl who happens to be Joan's daughter run past Joan.
"That's the girl" Gideon pointed not minding Joan's presence.
"What girl?" Joan asked the two.

"Please I'm sorry for everything I did to you then" Wale had waited behind just to plead with Joan knowing fully well the girl is most likely the pregnancy he insisted on aborting five years ago during NYSC.
Joan was adamant and refused Wale's plea.

Six months later Joan and Wale settled their differences. Though Joan had cursed to make Wale pay for every pain she went through and the wasted years of taking care of his daughter under much pressure and sometimes penury as she couldn't stand the disappointing look from her parents.

"I hope this teaches you and other friends like you a lesson not to drag what they can't handle" Wale's mum snapped meeting Joan and her daughter Precious who happens to be Mrs Richardson first grandchild.

"She really looks like Ayomide" Wale's dad complimented as he approved Wale and Joan's idea of getting married.

The END.




Thanks for reading so far, you can tell us the lesson you've learnt so far and other comments as well.

Other stories by O'nezer

1. Pamilerin
2. Wedding Reception
3. Last Sunday Evening
4. End of the tunnel
5. Dark Path
6. Facebook fiancé
7. Adopted
8. Adebimpe

Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

1 comment:

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...