Wednesday 26 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 9

Episode 9

Mummy kept crying through the journey back home. She narrated all her ordeals and what happened to Pamilerin. It was too much for me and I dropped a tear too.

We soon got to Mummy's new abode and I almost puked at the way the surrounding was.
"I came to ask my sister for a financial support for Pamilerin hospital bills" mummy explained as she turned the knobs to a door amongst many that was lined up in rolls.

I dropped my bag and followed her out. She was heading for the hospital.

I met Busola all alone with Pamilerin and Pamilerin was calmly asleep.

"Welcome ma! The Doctor asked us to buy these things." Busola handed a paper with inscription on it to Mummy.

"But I don't have any money with me again" Mummy lamented.

"What are you doing here?" Busola asked shaking my hands
"It's a long story my dear" Mummy replied before I could say a word.

Mummy went out of the hospital ward and I couldn't get my eyes off Pamilerin. I wish there was something I could do to help her.
"I thought schools resumed today. Why are you not in school?" Busola cut me from my thoughts.

I explained my ordeal to her and all that happened while I was away. She also told me how she had to continue working as a Shop Keeper because Mummy can't afford her school fees at the moment and since it's a new school year, she needs new books and that will attract more expenses.

A cough from Pamilerin stopped our conversation. We both rushed to her bed side like she was about to fall. She gave me a faint smile and I smiled back, holding her left hand. She soon slept off again.

"The Doctor said those drugs will make her strong again, but where is the money to get them quickly?" Busola said as we both sat on the vacant bed in the ward.

Mummy soon came in with a man. We were not sure of his identity, but at least mummy was smiling so there was no reason to fear.

We greeted this man and he answered casually, rushing towards Pamilerin.

"I'm sorry about this ma! I never knew it will become this serious." said the man turning to Mummy.

"I came to your shop the next day and someone told me you had left. I just came around this area to buy some things when I saw you from a distance" continued the man now resting his arm on the bed head.

Mummy explained how she was kicked out of the shop that day and how Pamilerin got to the hospital "I was there to see if any of my neighbor there could lend me some money to buy the prescription for Pamilerin" Mummy explained to the man.

"He's Mr. Nelson. The man that hit Pamilerin" Busola whispered.

Mr. Nelson and Mummy both went out and they came back a moment later with a Doctor and a Nurse carrying a tray containing some things.

We were asked to leave the room and we all trooped out to wait at the door.

Some days later, Pamilerin could sit up and joke, smile and talk with us. We had to stay with her while Mummy went to get money.

Mr. Nelson came again and this time with some strangers. We heard them talking with Mummy but we didn't understand what they were saying because we didn't hear them clearly.

They gave Mummy a file and Mr Nelson gave her some money as usual, like he was used to it or it was a compulsion.

"They are going to sponsor Pamilerin till age eighteen!" Mummy exclaimed rushing into the hospital ward
"They have agreed to pay her hospital bills and they will be here tomorrow to sort the payment out." Mummy fell on her knees crying.

I couldn't stop smiling where I was sitting even though a part of me wished I was the one being sponsored...

What Next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...