Sunday 23 July 2017

PAMILERIN Episode 1

PAMILERIN
Story by O'nezer

Episode 1

On the 8 of August 1995, Dad and mum got back from church a few minutes past 8pm.
My kid sister and I rushed out to get dad's bag and mum's small bag.

While I was carrying Daddy's bag, my kid sister on the other hand was so curious to know if mum had bought her the popcorn and groundnut she promised to get for us when going out in the morning.

We all went into the house. Dad to his room and mum went straight to the kitchen to know if food is ready.

"Busola, what did you cook for us oh? We are so hungry and you know your dad had a long tiring day" Mum asked my big sister who was all alone in the house but didn't see a need to rush out to our parents like we did.

"The little stew that is left in the pot was all I managed to use to make this concoction rice. I assigned my kid sister to have it all in the food flask to keep it warm." Busola explained.

Dad was done with refreshing himself and he was already waiting in the dining room expecting mum to undress and join him also in the dining room.

It was a quarter past 10 when myself, Busola, my little sister and my mum was in dad's room talking about different issues.

 Dad said "let us pray. Tomorrow is Sunday; we shouldn't be late for the service."

I ought to kneel down as well as others but I don't know why I felt a bit reluctant to kneel.

In a glimpse, I saw dad lying down and not leading the prayer.

His eyes was fixed on me and it made me feel he was giving me that look of "you are not in the prayer mood" and I quickly knelt down even though his sudden posture was strange to me.

While waiting for the prayer to commence, the hoarse voice that usually kick start the prayer was very faint.

Daddy occasionally do lay down on the floor to pray and I believe it was one of those days..

I knew the look in his eyes was not so good and I began to fear the aftermath of his reaction after the prayer,
"He will kill me with words tonight." I murmured within....

To be continued
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...