Tuesday 15 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 10


Episode 10.


"We are sorry, we can't let you just come in here and start carrying anything out" one of the nurses cautioned as she was raising her voice. 


Nothing was as confusing as seeing how people has been coming into the hospital to cause different scenes since the day we got into the hospital. 

"I said no, I don't think you understand simple English. You can't come in and that's final" the nurse said. She was obviously angrier this time.


I was just thinking while still lying on my bed. What could it be? Has someone else come for money or did something else happened again? Was there another accident victim and they wanted the person to be treated urgently? What could be causing this chaos this early morning?


When I couldn't take the noise again, I moved out of my room to check what was going on through the window in my room. I saw them but not very clearly. I had no option than to open the door and walked a bit to the lobby leading to the reception hall.


I saw 3 people, 2 guys and a lady. They were all properly dressed and they looked normal. "I wouldn't even assume they came to the hospital to do medical check up but even if it was medical check up, why then is the nurse shouting" I thought.


"Madam, we promise not to take much time. Okay let's make it 3 minutes instead of the 10 minutes we initially said" the lady amongst them said.

One of the guy was holding something like a small tape recorder in his hand while the other guy was holding pen and paper. The lady was looking all prepared like she was in for an examination.


The nurse was still insisting that they can't do anything. She was not even ready to let them see the doctor not to talk of taking his permission. 

The moment they sighted me, they shifted their attention from the nurse to me. I was confused why all eyes were on me and I could bet that I haven't seen any of the faces before.


"She should be the one" the lady pointed to me as soon as she saw me.

"Yes, she may likely be the one" the guy with the tape in his hand said.

"Please respect yourself and don't move an inch. I've been trying to keep calm since but you are pushing me already" the nurse said while resting on the front desk.


"But I don't know you, what are you here for?" I raised my other hand as I asked to know why they were pointing at me. At least they should help refresh my memory if we have met before.

The nurse's refusal to let them in, my insistence on knowing who they were and their plea to go in for just few minutes to do whatever it was they came to do made the whole place noisy. 

"Please keep your voices low, we have patients inside" the nurse kept saying.


"Oh! Thank God you are here" the nurse said in relief as she saw doctor Joe walk in from the lobby to the reception hall.


"What's happening here? And how may we be of help?" Doctor Joe asked calmly.

The nurse wasn't calm enough to even listen to why they were there.

"They just walked in and want to record all that is happening here, I have been telling them it's not allowed but they wouldn't listen" the nurse answered.


"Doctor, we are sorry. My colleagues and I works with Tray FM and we are here to conduct a brief interview, my name is Uche" one of the guys said while trying to introduce himself and the others. 


"Good morning sir. I am Jacob" the guy with the tape recorder in his hands said.


"I am Tina sir" the fair young lady introduced herself and further stated that they won't take much time as they heard about some accident victims that were rushed to the hospital few days ago. She explained how they have searched other local hospitals before getting here.

"We also learnt that the man died and came back with the prayer of a young girl. One of the discharged patients from here told one of our correspondents, that was what led us here sir" Tina concluded. 


"Well, as much as we don't entertain such here, this case is a peculiar one, you can come with me" the doctor requested.


My aunt left mom's room, joined the journalists and the doctor to meet my father and uncle.

"Good morning, how are you feeling now?" The doctor greeted and everyone else picked a position as the seat provided in the room couldn't take more than 2 persons.


"By His Grace, I'm getting better everyday. Thanks for everything doctor" my dad said with a smile on his face.

"The interview promised not to last more than 3 to 5 minutes" Uche the second guy said.

"We will just go straight to the point, tell us about the accident, your death and resurrection sir" Tina said facing my dad.


"Well, don't put it that way. Better put, how God's grace rescued me and mercy said no" my father said smiling.

"But sir, we weren't told about mercy, can you shed more light?" Tina added, looking lost and confused.


"The accident happened, we left the road to the bush but the mud held us, if not we would have hit the big tree in front. I was in coma for a while and that led to my encounter and my daughter here used the weapon of praise to win God's heart"


"Encounter? Kindly tell us about it sir" Uche said while taking note. 


"He gave me a second chance and told me about how many Christian's today are swimming in the pool of unforgiveness. I have always had this hurt for my wife and I always assumed I have forgiven her but no I didn't. I didn't let go and whenever we have any little argument, my sore point was always to rob that offense on her" my dad said.


"Would you love to share the offense?" Uche asked.


"I am sorry, I may not be able to say that but all I can say is that he gave me a warning that I should go out there and tell the world about the gospel of his death and resurrection, how he forgave our debt and set us free"


"So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses" 

"Which means he will do unto us what the master did to that servant in Matthew chapter 18 if we fail to forgive those that hurt us" my father concluded.  


"Young lady, can you tell us how you did that?" the lady asked facing me.

 I didn't have a better answer.

"He said in everything we should give thanks. More so, I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me" I replied as I could.


"Wow, I'm impressed and I can say this your daughter was well taught, keep it up girl" Tina said as she stands to leave with the crew.


"How about your wife sir?" Uche asked.

"She's still resting, it took a while before she slept last night" my aunt responded.


The crew from Tray FM thanked everyone as they made their way to the door and bid everyone goodbye. 

"Let's go and check on mummy" my dad suggested and we all agreed to that.


What happened next?

Watch out for it in the next episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...