Thursday 10 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 5

Episode 5.


"Here you go" the nurse handed over a cup of water to my dad while holding a jug incase he may request for more. 


Everyone was curious. Amidst tears and smile, we were waiting to know what has happened to my father. The smile on my father's face quite showed that the encounter must have been a soul reviving one.


"I found myself in an empty room..." he began.

"...the room was so dark that the thickness therein was strong enough to behold. I saw my hands chained down to the stool I was sitting, how I got to the room, I don't know" my father said as he raised his head to the sky to help him remember every scene without leaving any stone unturned.


Since the doctor had other patients to attend to and things to do, he couldn't wait to listen to the encounter my father had.

Although, the people(workers) we met on ground were those that resumed work from 7pm and they will be going off by 7am to hand over to the next doctor and nurses that will stay from 7am to 7pm.


"As much as I would love to listen to your story, I have so much at hand to quickly attend to so that the next doctor coming in won't have many rollover work" the doctor said as he took his leave.


"Yes sir, how about the wife that passed out after hearing the news sir" the nurse tried to remind the doctor about my mother.

He didn't say anything, he just walked away. The nurse dropped the water in her hand in case if my father or anyone else needs water to drink and followed after him.


Now we were left with Uncle Jude, his wife and 2 of our neighbours. Of course I was there with them as well.


"A young unfamiliar man came and started beating me up. He was hitting me with the baton in his hand and since my hands were tied down, I couldn't run away, dodge the beating or even hit him in return. I was helpless. I kept shouting "Father, please come to my rescue" but it seemed all hope was lost"  The more I shout, the more beatings I received and help wasn't coming forth.


"I started remembering the scripture passages that God has helped me to keep at heart over time and I knew his word will not return to him void. I gathered all the strength left in me to mutter few words beneath my breath"


"But you said you will have mercy on whom you will have mercy. Mercy Lord, Mercy LORD. I kept shouting and crying for mercy but the man hitting me wasn't ready to stop at all. He will laugh hysterically as he hits me and then danced round the stool and hit me even harder"


"Hear me when I call O God of my righteousness; thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer".


"I was running out of breath and didn't have any strength left to call out for mercy. I had concluded in my mind that I will be beaten to death in a dark room. A part of me was bothered by how my family will locate me in an unknown dark room like this"


"Suddenly the confidence came out of no where and I started regaining my strength. I could feel the pain all over my body and the more pain I feel, the more happy this unknown man feels"


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind"


The man stopped hitting me and for a minute, I felt like I have won. The man didn't say anything even as I was struggling and fighting on a spot. I realized this man wasn't ready to leave, not anytime soon.


"I remembered one of the Psalms I thought my daughter some weeks ago, whether it was in line with the present situation or not, I was less concerned"


"LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, there is no help for him in God. But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head" 


"Is that not Psalms 3 verses 1 to 3?" I interrupted him because I remembered that particular Psalms as it was in line with our weekly Bible study lesson. 


"You know it's almost day break, stop interrupting and let him finish what he has to say" my uncle said. He was quite displeased by my interruption. 


"The man stopped, the few words he said was "Shut up, our boss doesn't talk much but he act more". I was confused but thankful he finally said something. "But who is your boss and who are you?" I managed to ask.


"I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord; thy blessing is upon thy people. 


"Immediately, I started hearing footsteps but I couldn't see the person walking down. The more the silence, the louder the footsteps get. I became even more scared than earlier"


"Is it the boss that is coming or someone else? Tell us, let's know" one of our neighbours interrupted him and I could see the anger on my uncle's face as he has warned earlier that no one should interrupt him again.


With all that has been said, everyone was just giving different sigh, hisses and facial expressions as my father talked about his encounter.


"Please, where is the toilet here? I'm pressed" my father asked.

He tried to get up but he couldn't move due to the injuries he sustained from the accident.

Uncle Jude and one of our neighbours assisted him.


Curiosity was written all over me, dad should be back soon to complete what he has started. I had questions to ask.


"Will my mother wake up? Will she live again? What's with this dad's encounter?


Find out in the next episode.

Watch out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...