Wednesday 16 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 11

Episode 11.


"My dear, how are you feeling this morning?" My dad asked to see if there will be any response from my mother.

Unfortunately, there was none. She wasn't saying anything she kept looking up and down not seeming to understand what anyone was saying to her.


Mom has not been talking since she came out of the shock. We have been praying for her and trying to tell her things that can even remind her of us. Dad talked about the accident. "Dear, do you remember when we were travelling that day, the shoutings, the punches, the trailer that overtook and left us with no option but to swerve into the bush? Do you remember how it all happened?" There's was no pinch of a response from mom. She stared into the ceiling blinking her hers involuntarily.



I thought maybe that was too negative a situation to remind her of. I decided to make her remember happy moments. 


"Mom, you remember when we celebrated children's day on May 27th, the beauty of that amusement park still leaves me wondering what heaven will be like, remember the games we played, I remember I won and you bought me my favourite ice-cream flavour, the Joy that day was super awesome. I want more of it. Remember you said 'Jesus has put that Joy in us and he will never take it away'" I said looking straight into her eyes and robbing her hand and fingers playfully with mine. I expected her response, but I got none. She kept looking fixedly at whatever she was looking at then after a while she will roll her eyes. 


I was broken. "Mom, why do you want to take this Joy away? you promised to buy another Ice-cream for me on your birthday. Moreso, you promised to take care of me, Mom please get up from this bed let's go home. I don't have any other mother. Mommy pleassseeeee get up....." I was already in tears. Everyone had a wet eye too. My aunt quickly came to me to console me I guess. But I wouldn't be consoled. 

 

All our efforts proved abortive, the only relieve we had was the fact that she was eating and she signals too when she is feeling pressed or whenever she wants to use the toilet. Many times when my aunt isn't alert, she would keep rolling from one end of the bed to another to make her conscious that she needs help on something. And immediately my aunt notices her several rollings she knew quite well to help.


"My dear, I want to believe we will all come out of here alive, safe and sound" Dad said to mommy.

He has said in his word 'If we have faith that is as small as a mustard seed, we will command the mountain to move and it will'. "I'm joining the faith of everyone here with yours, that you will be fine" dad was holding mom's hand while sitting at the edge of the bed.


"Okay, I think I should let you know that from the bottom of my heart, I have forgiven you for everything that has happened and I promise never to use any of this as a sore point whenever we have issues" he sighed and continued.


"I will try my best possible to love you now and always even more than how it used to be when we first met. I know my temper sometimes gets unstable but I believe God is working on my heart as well".


"I have forgiven you of everything. From the bottom of my heart, I forgive you" my dad concluded with tears in his eyes.

I ran to him where he was seated and gave him a very big hug. This was one of the very few moments that I will see my father being that emotional to the extent of crying.


My uncle excused himself so as to fix breakfast for us.


Minutes later, 2 young unfamiliar men entered my mom's room where we were. Initially, I thought they were another set of media team that were coming over to ask about the encounter.

 

"Calvary greetings to you sir and ma, we are the evangelism team from Treasure Bible Mission, we do hospital evangelism and my name is Pastor Fred." The first man introduced himself.

"I am Pastor Kingsley and we are here to check on you and also pray with you sir." He added.


"I have been to hospital severally but I am not sure I have gone on a Sunday maybe that's why I don't know people do hospital evangelism" my dad said "You're welcome sirs, he added still holding mom's hands.

I was happy because we were still going to have a taste of Sunday sermon from this evangelism team. So, we won't totally miss Sunday worship. I was also wondering at same time that God still has people that can be committed to work like this. It was truly wonderful.


Sometimes we don't value what we have until it's taken away from us. No one eventually thought dad how to love mom better aside that accident. 

I have been praying that a time should come when they will be united and enjoy the whole marital fun ride together and now, the accident seemed to be the answer to my prayer. It has changed the way my dad sees my mom.


After the pastors had prayed for my mother, they asked us to join them in praying for her as well. We all stretched our hands towards her and prayed. Pastor Fred rounded off the prayers and they took their leave.


My uncle soon returned with few satchets of water and bread with bean cake so we can all eat.

"Bless this food, oh LORD, for Christ sake" my aunt prayed briefly and we all started to eat.


I had wanted to ask my dad a question but I wasn't sure of the best time to ask neither was I sure how he will take it.

I waited till everyone finished their food. Dad fed mom and ensured she ate. She took some fruits and her drugs as well.


"Dad, I would love to ask you a question, promise me you will answer" I asked waiting to see the reaction on his face. His reaction will determine whether I will ask the question now or wait till later when the atmosphere is much fit to ask or even forget about it.

"I need to know what it is, that's when I can promise. Nonetheless, you can talk to me" my dad said trying to figure out what it may be that I wanted to ask him.


"What did mom do that you held on to all these while? What was her offense?" I was a bit hesitant. I felt too small I guess to ask him questions but I asked anyways because I wanted to know.

"It's not a long story, it still can be told" my dad said with a straight face. I had to quickly change my mind and told him not to bother. "Maybe we can talk about it later" I said.


"Alright I will tell you, since Matthew 7:7 has given you the go ahead to ask" he sighed. 


What happened next?

Watch out for the next episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...