Friday 18 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 13

Episode 13.


"No! No! Noo..." my mother kept shouting with her eyes closed.


I was actually thinking she heard all my dad has been saying and that was why she was saying no. The look on everyone's face was same. We were obviously surprised. We paused a while to figure out what was going on.


"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against his anointed, saying, let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure..." my mother was saying this particular Psalm 2 while still having her eyes closed. 


Immediately, my dad knew a battle was raging and her shout wasn't in line with what he was talking about initially. 


Everyone held each others hands and started praying. My mom started saying some strange words and that was when we understood that whatever was going on was more than what we knew or could talk about.


"You have no power over me again, I am no longer a slave to sin, I am a child of God" my mom kept saying and I was wondering if my father knew about all what my mother was saying.


We started praying and we continued shouting "The Blood of Jesus". I remembered my dad has always said there's no evil that won't bow at the mention of the name of Jesus or at the sight of His Innocent Blood that was shed. My father started a song and we joined him.


"There is power mighty in the blood, there is power mighty in the blood, there's power mighty in the blood of Jesus Christ, there is power mighty in the blood"

This went on and on for about 30 minutes and I was beginning to feel tired. 


Shortly, we heard a loud feminine voice and the room was getting somehow cloudy. I have never seen such in my life, maybe on TV but not in reality. 

"Your mother made a covenant with us and when she was dying, she put down your name so you can take up her role. It's a covenant that can never be broken" the voice echoed.


Then it was clear to us that my maternal grandmother that died not too long ago has nominated her daughter, my mom to take up her role in an occult group.


"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" my mother responded.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" my father replied.


I was scared but I tried to hold my father's hand firmly. Whenever I'm scared, my palm gets sweaty and my hands shaky. I haven't witness anything like that before and I wasn't sure I was going to get over the scenario anytime soon.


"You have lost this battle because I know whom I have believed and I am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" my mother said. She sat up and was gradually opening her eyes.


She was sweating profusely and tears were flowing freely down her cheeks. She eventually opened her eyes.


"Where am I? Where am I please?" My mother asked looking confused.

"Praise the Lord" my father interrupted. 


My mom wasn't sure of what the praise the Lord was about. She noticed everyone was excited and jumping up and that left her even more confused. She didn't know we were happy that she has regained consciousness.


The doctor came inside and was surprised to see my mother sitting and taking after 3 days that she couldn't comprehend anything at all.

"Hallelujah! How did it happen?" The doctor asked curiously.


"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stall:.." I remembered that scripture and I quickly joined my mother to continue.


"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation" My father couldn't help but joined us to round off.

"The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments". We concluded while my aunt and uncle chorused "Amen"


The doctor was in awe and he concluded that we were special patients as there has been no such miracle in the hospital ever before.

It was a day of joy and gladness for us all. And true to daddy's word, we were all coming out of the hospital alive, safe and sound. To God be all the Glory!


2 days later, we were discharged and a few things were prescribed for my parents to help them keep fit and also stay healthy.


My uncle had come with his car and he chose to take us home. That made my dad remember his car and when he asked after it, my uncle told him not to bother much about it as God will provide another one. All these while, he hasn't asked about it. His response that day was just a sigh. I guess that meant "well, thank God it was only a car and not a life; when there's life, there's hope".


"My dear, I hope you will forgive me for over-reacting and for my constant mentioning of that happening?" my dad started the conversation.


"I have forgiven you dear but I have something to say about what led to that argument which eventually led to the accident" My mom said.


"Really? Go ahead dear, I am all ears" my father replied.


What does my mother have to say?

Watch out in the next episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...