Saturday 19 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 14

Episode 14


"Should I take through the other town? I think that route is faster" My uncle asked as we journeyed.


With every town we passed, we got closer home. The fear of what happened before was still in me and the scene kept coming as a flash to my mind and sometimes when my uncle drives a little too fast, my heart starts beating fast.


I was more than excited to know that God took us through some experiences in life to make us stronger and even trust him more. We all knew that we were going back home never to be the same again after all we had witnessed in the space of time. 


Indeed, what doesn't kill someone always makes someone stronger. Not only does it make someone stronger but also adds to someone's testimony. One of our family watchwords from Isaiah 43: 1 and 2 dropped in my heart.


"But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."


If he could take us through all that has happened and yet he saved us and gave us another chance, then surely he has plans for us.


"You can go ahead my dear, I'm listening" my dad said.


"After hearing the several complaints about your stay at home and how it was running you to depression, I thought of how to work things out in my work place" my mother started narrating what happened back then. Her own side of the story obviously.


"You had to go that far for me? Just to secure a job for me?" My father interrupted. 


I realised that my father was calm about everything now and was willing to hear mother's side of the story unlike before. I guess over the years, they haven't patiently listened to each other's side of the story or maybe my father always chose the side of the story he wants to believe or he was made to believe.


"Internal opening wasn't always available to the public but within the company for those that has someone or that can recommend someone. I knew almost everyone in the company have someone they will recommend or they feel is best to fit into whatever opening that we have. That was why I decided that I will go to any length to help you out" my mother said as she locked her hands into that of my dad.


"I believe that if we only pray and not take some decision by faith or you can say by risk, we may not get the necessary result, that was why I had to push a bit more and see what will come out of it" mom continued.


"Truly, our HR lead has been on my neck for outing and hangout for a while, I kept rejecting and reminding him that he is a married man and I am also a married young woman but the only song he kept singing to my ears was that it doesn't matter. He told me severally how he will take care of me and also take me to cloud 9 and the likes, I kept rejecting it. I took my stand as a Christian and as a child of God but deep down I knew I needed his help" mom looked up and sighed heavily.


"Till one day, I went to his office. There was this small space for his clerk and another small space for his secretary. The clerk is a man while the secretary is a woman. They all know that nothing comes for free when it comes to HR lead, if you are not paying in cash, you are paying with something else" she paused a while and continued.


"I never knew his clerk hasn't gone home that evening and he overheard me agreeing to follow the HR lead to the hotel for that weekend" my father didn't let my mother finish what she was saying before he interrupted. 


"You mean that weekend you told me that you were going to vigil to win that mountain for us?" 

"Exactly my dear, that weekend" my mother responded affirmatively.


One of my dad's attributes is the ability to remember details and happenings. You don't want to offend my dad or say some nasty things to him. He will remember everything word for word with date and all accuracy no matter how long. 


"Well, I am not surprised that you still remember what I said that weekend because I know you too well" they both laughed and my mother continued her story.


"I made a plan on the Thursday night preceding Friday the D-day with another female colleague. I told her I can't sleep with a married man that she should advice me on what to do. I have always known her to be a smart and wise lady, I asked for her idea on how to go about it. We both concluded to find a way out and we did find a way out. It was her idea anyways. Guess what we did?" My mother asked.


"I can't think of anything right now but I have always been bitter hearing and getting to know that you went to the hotel and slept with a man to get me a job" my dad said.


"We arranged for a prostitute with double pay of what she would have collected for a night and then we asked her to come in as if she's a delivery person. We paid the receptionist for that night shift too so everyone was working towards the same aim".

"My colleague and I booked a room in that hotel so that she can stay there and follow up everything that was going on"


"Prostitute? You mean... are you for real right now" my father asked with confusion written all over him.

"So I joined the HR lead at exactly 8:30pm and all dressed up. Everyone was already on stand by and we were working with the calculation. My colleague already gave me a substance that can get someone intoxicated, I wrapped it and kept it in my bag"


"The HR lead was so happy to see me and he started talking about how long he has wished he had a taste of me. I wasn't interested in his talks; deep down, I was scared. What if the substance fails or he finds out, another thought was what if the man eventually sleeps with me? I quickly pushed the thoughts aside"


"We ordered a drink through the room service. The prostitute already got the sign and then came in all dressed in black skirt and white shirt. She dropped the drink and was hanging around as if she was taking orders for other rooms "


"We started drinking, although not an alcoholic wine. After taking a cup and having a toast, he excused himself to use the bathroom. I quickly poured the substance in his drink and hid the rest in my bag. My joy was that the drink didn't change colour or anything that could leave a trace"


"I held my cup waiting for him to return. I know if I dropped my cup, I might end up picking the wrong cup. Minutes later, he was back and he took a bit of his remaining drink. He lost consciousness and then the prostitute came in. I had to run to the bathroom while the whole show was going on, the light in the room was off so he wouldn't figure anything out"


"It was a long night for me and I was silently praying that our plans shouldn't fail. Not long from then, he eventually slept off. The prostitute moved to the other room with my colleague and I joined him in the room. I couldn't sleep. I kept checking my time. At the time I stepped back into the room when the prostitute left, it was still 2AM. I was scared that anything might happened"


"That night, I realise that it takes longer for a new day to dawn. I managed to sleep but I kept waking up at short intervals, the time wasn't moving as fast as I wanted."

"Finally, he woke up and when I checked my time, it was 6:00am already. He told me how he never imagined I could give all the styles I gave through the night, I gave a fake smile and reminded him that I need him to secure that space for my husband and he agreed to it". 


"I dashed out of the room before him and checked on the ladies in the other room. We clocked off and were checked out of the hotel. I went straight to my colleagues house. Thank God it was a Saturday. I was going to sleep all day and I did". Mom concluded.


I never knew my mother could go that far just to secure my father a job. 

Her story left everyone amazed.


We were on our street already and we could see our house at a distance. But we saw people standing outside with different expressions on their faces. The more we moved closer, the more people we see scattered everywhere. 


What happened next?

Watch out for what next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...