Monday 14 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 9



Episode 9.


It has been 3 days now that my family has been in the hospital. It would have been bad if they had not helped us bring our bags to the hospital after the accident because I can't even think of wearing same cloth more than once.


I had always done that even when I was much younger. Sometimes, I can wear up to two or three clothes a day. Whenever I notice an obvious stain, I'll go change it and dumped the former. It got to a point that my mom started locking my box of clothes in her room. 

She'll always complain. "Is it because you are not the one washing the clothes? How will you wear three clothes a day? I'll soon start to make you wash these clothes yourself" these were some of mom's lines.


As time went by and as I grew older, I minimised the way I changed clothes. Well, maybe true to mom's words it was because I started washing them myself. I may not wear two clothes in one day again but I'll never wear one cloth twice.


I had gotten used to this, and whenever I am travelling, I must always take clothes for the number of days I'm to spend and sometimes I may add an extra one. I did that for this journey too. And now that our bags were brought with us to the hospital, I was happy. 


Above all, I thank God that I was still alive. I wouldn't have been worrying about which cloth to wear or which shoe to wear in the grave.

My father was already getting better, the pain he was feeling is less compared to the first 2 days. He can even move around by himself now without being assisted again.


As for me, my left hand was still hanging around my neck and I was scared if my hand won't permanently remain that way. It was very heavy, if they had not hung it around my neck, I wouldn't have been able to lift the hand by myself.


My mother on the other hand was not getting any better. She was still having issues with remembering things and the more we tried to communicate to her, the more lost and confused she looked.

"She needs to rest. I hope she has eaten and taken her drugs?" Doctor Joe asked that afternoon.


"Yes, she has" uncle Jude's wife replied. "But Doctor, do you think she will ever regain her memory? Will she continue like this forever?" She added.

"Well, I can't say. But I know that there's power in prayer. So, for now just keep praying and let's see what God will make of the situation". Doctor Joe responded firmly.


Mr Abbey went home the next day to meet his family. He really tried for us my aunt said. We appreciated him greatly as he never planned to stay that long but he eventually did.

My uncle and aunt were still around, although my uncle had to travel home to get some stuff to help them stay a bit more with us and also some cash to settle some of the bills.


Thank God for the strangers that brought us here. They paid for our admission into the hospital so treatment could begin, they also assisted in dragging out our car from the mud and never requested us to repay.


My dad was in his room, sleeping sound like a bouncing baby boy and my aunt who was awake almost all through the night was sitting on the plastic chair beside the bed, resting her head on the wall and taking a nap.


"Let me go out and get some fruits and what we will take for dinner" my uncle excused himself.


I was left alone awake, looking at my mom that was just sitting on the bed, looking lost and rough. I have never seen my mom look like that before and I was silently wishing that this phase should just go because it's beginning to be scary.


At a point, I was wondering what difference does it make when you are dead as compared to when you are alive and couldn't comprehend what is going on around you.


Soon I felt a stirring in my spirit. I was revived. God started reminding me of the things he has done. How he has made the eyes of the blind to see and made ways in the sea. How he made the lame to walk, the deaf to hear and the dumb to talk.


I knelt close to the bed and started telling my mother about what has been happening for the past 3 days. How God saved us from the accident and how dad died and came back to life with a great encounter. I concluded with how everyone in the room rededicated their lives back to Christ. 


I was grateful to God for the family He gave me. I remembered a time we picked each Psalm per day till we were able to cover all the Psalms. 


I started singing one of the songs we were taught in children's church. "Expect a miracle when you pray, there is power sitting on the throne". Shortly, I felt the urge to pray for the restoration of my mother's memory. 


"Give ear to my words, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness; neither shall evil dwell with thee." 


I was crying and weeping, at some point my aunt joined me and we continued praying. We didn't realize that time had gone late into the night. My uncle came in and joined us as well.

"In Jesus name we pray" my uncle rounded off the prayers after a while and we all chorused AMEN!. 


He suggested we eat and take the fruits. Good for me, it was my favourite fruits combination; Pineapple, Watermelon, Apple, Banana and Orange. My aunt helped in preparing the fruit salad. I took small food and ate the fruits to my satisfaction. My dad prefer Orange but I never liked that. He took his Orange and I had an extra Apple for myself. My aunt kept the bananas to be used the next day.


We all ate and retired to bed. My uncle sleeps in my dad's room so as to assist him with things when necessary while my aunt stays in my mom's room to help her with any thing. 

I didn't know when I slept off that night. I was really exhausted.


At dawn, it was a Sunday morning and it was a shout within the hospital that woke us up.


What happened next?

Watch out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...