Friday 11 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 6

Episode 6.


"We no go gree, we no go gree" this words or should I say song was what we kept hearing from the lobby.


When we checked the time, it was already few minutes to 7am and we were wondering what was going on.

We were thinking if that's how they behave in that town since it's a small one and also not too exposed. But on a second thought this is a hospital and at 7am for that matter. Something must have gone wrong.


I personally don't think they came to see a patient neither does it seem they brought in a patient.

Different things were running through my mind and obviously, everyone was curious too.


Our neighbour and uncle Jude assisted my dad back from the toilet and helped him get on the bed. Everyone was ready to listen to his story. Above all, we wanted to know what scaled him through another chance.


My head started banging again and the pain in my hand was gradually getting unbearable. The fact that I stayed awake all night has resulted to the headache and has increased the pain in my hand.


"Do you realise that this is a hospital and this kind of noise is not allowed here at all" we heard the doctor speaking to the people at the lobby..

"We no dey here for talk, na our money we wan collect" a young dark man said in his deep voice. 


"Which money? What exactly is the problem here?" The doctor was confused. He had no idea of what the young man was talking about. 

"My name na Hassan and my brother here, his name na Lamid" the Hassan looked like the eldest and he looked so huge and fearless.


"Okay, can you make whatever you want to say snappy because my signing out is less than 10 minutes as the other doctor will resume by 7am. What exactly is the problem Mr Hassan and Mr erm... erm..."

"Lamid sir" the younger one replied to help the doctor remember his name.

"Mr Lamid, thank you. So tell me, what money? You and who?" The doctor added.


"Our father has a farmland very close to the roadside and it's a very big one, we have Cashew trees, Mango, Orange, Pawpaw, Plantain and...." Lamid was interrupted abruptly by the doctor. 

"Can you go straight to the point Mr Lamid, we don't have all day and I have to leave here soon" Doctor said interrupting him. 


I noticed that Lamid speaks fluently compared to Hassan that is finding it hard to express himself. He also looks calm tho he talks slowly as if he is thinking while talking.


"We have Cassava, Coco yam, Yam and many more. That's where our parents get the money to sponsor us. Although, I am a secondary school graduate and I'm preparing for my tertiary exam while my elder brother here, couldn't go to school per say. He chose to face the farming business full time" Lamid said calmly.


"I have heard all this wonderful profile, I'm yet to get why you are here this early or is your brother sick?" The doctor asked to know what exactly the problem was and how he may be of help.


"Na you dey sick you hear, na you dey sick no be me" Hassan said angrily because he felt the doctor was actually insulting him.

"Okay, I'm sorry, can I actually know what you are both talking about now?" The doctor asked. 


"So we heard a man and his family was brought here from the accident that happened yesterday noon or evening" Lamid hasn't landed when the doctor cuts him again.

"Oh! are you related to them in any way or what exactly is the problem?" the doctor was running out of patience already.


"Make una let us die before una bury us, na you dey ask question, na you still dey answer am" Hassan shouted.

"The accident affected our crops and we were told they brought them here for treatment, we would love to tell them how much they are paying for damages" Lamid concluded. 


"Seriously! Listen to yourselves, just listen to yourselves, how insensitive! The accident that almost took their lives, only God had saved them, if not..." doctor checks his time.

"If not wetin? If not wetin na? That wan no concern us, we no go gree, we no go gree" Hassan kept shouting.


"But how are you sure these people survived?" The doctor asked them. "Meanwhile, my time is up like I told you earlier and I need to go sign out" he concluded.


"If they die, na you go pay... na you" Hassan interrupted. Just then Doctor Joe came in.


"Doctor Joe, thank God you are here, good morning" the doctor shifted his attention to Doctor Joe who was taking over from him.

"Good morning Doc. What's going on here? I've been hearing voices since I stepped into the main entrance. What's the problem?" doctor Joe asked.


"Na our money we wan collect, we no wan hear talk" Hassan said.


Doctor Joe was confused for a minute and you could see it well spelt on his face. He too wanted to know what's going on and what the issue about money was at least to clear his confusion.


"Doctor, doctor" a shout came from one of the wards and this left everyone more confused.

The two doctors rushed out and Hassan and Lamid ran after them.


What happened next?

Watch out for it in the next episode



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...