Wednesday 9 September 2020

TANGLED Episode 4

Episode 4.


"Doctor, please say something" my uncle kept persuading the doctor to talk as they walked out of my dad's room. 


Everywhere was tensed already and I didn't seem to fully comprehend everything going on at the moment. I started reminding God about our prayers early that year about not having any untimely death and we will all live to see the next year.


Christmas was just a few days away from that day and in all assumption, the family reunion was what we would be having not mourning of anyone. 


The night was moving so slow and every time I looked at the clock on the wall, it seems it isn't moving at all. I wish I could fast forward to another page of my life with less pain.


I managed to leave my room and entered the room where my dad was being laid, he has been covered up and everyone was waiting for those that will move him to the morgue.

I was scared to open his face but I realized he wasn't moving and that was when reality dawned on me that I may have lost one of the greatest men in my life.


I started crying and praying. I keyed into God's promises for restoration and revival. If God could just give us another chance, we were ready to make amends of the past ones.

"For I know whom I have believed and I'm persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day"


My faith was little, I doubt if it was up to a mustard seed but I knew that we serve a living God. It reminded me of the story of Lazarus. Jesus may come late to rescue us based on human timetable but whenever Jesus steps in it's always the right time.


Suddenly, I felt like praising God instead of complaining and blaming God for what he didn't do. I felt it down in my heart that praising him would get more of God's attention. This and many more were things I learnt from my parents.

"In every situation or circumstances, praising God should be the first thing to do" Those were my father's words and I remembered. 


One of my father's favourite Bible verses in Philipians 4 dropped in my heart. Over time, dad has imposed that we know some of the Bible verses by heart.

"Rejoice in the Lord alway; and again I say, rejoice. Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God"


I started singing praises to God, reminding God of his great works, reminding him that he has never lost a battle, he is one who will do what he says and say what he will do.


In a moment, I forgot I was in a hospital. I didn't remember the pain in my hands. My head wasn't banging and I had this relieve in my heart.

The concluding part of that verse that my father loves so much said "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"


Praise is the only weapon to get the Heart of God. I danced and danced and kept singing. As I was doing my own in the room where my father was laid, my uncle and the other members of the family were in the other room trying to bring my mother to life.


They all had lost hope over my father, the doctor had confirmed he was dead. So, no one bothered about coming to check on him. 

They wanted so badly that one of my parents should remain alive, it will at least be of help to console me that one was taken and the other was left behind. 

Now that my dad was gone their hope was left solely on my mom. That was the reason Uncle Jude was persuading the doctor to tell of mom's condition after the news of dad's death was brought to her.


Gradually, I saw my father's leg started to move. I was confused. I thought the tears in my eyes had blurred my sight. I tried to wipe my tears. It was the pain in my hands that reminded me I also needed to be taken care of.


I managed to wipe the tears off my eyes and continuously I saw my father's leg moving under the cloth. I wanted to run out to call the doctor but I was stopped. I didn't know where the confidence came from. I pulled the cloth down and I saw my dad's head moving right and left as if he was fighting or struggling with someone and wasn't ready to take a defeat. 


I started shouting "Jesus!" repeatedly. I couldn't move an inch neither could I think of running out. 

The night was almost over and it will soon be dawn. How I ended up not sleeping all through that night is still a mystery to me because naturally, we were brought up with the idea of 'early to bed, early to rise' and I've never for once missed sleeping at night.


"Pleeeeeaaaase, father" my father shouted and opened his eyes. He was sweating profusely and I couldn't say whether he was in a battle or whether he was being chased. He will be the only person to tell what has happened. 

"Where am I? Where am I?" My father struggled to ask under his breath. At that time, I knew I had to call on the nurse or the doctor.


"Nurse, Nurse" I shouted so they could all hear me. That brought confusion as the doctor and my family members still around all rushed down to my own room instead.

I could hear someone saying they've paid so much attention to waking my mom and not remembering I was in the hospital with them as well.

"She's not here, she is not here" the nurse said with so much fear. Everyone tried to listen to know where I was calling from.


"Check where his father is, maybe that is where she is" someone suggested and everyone ran towards the room. The sound of their feet were so loud since it was midnight and everywhere was silent. 

"What are you doing here young girl" the doctor asked furiously because he believed my dad was dead and nothing could be done about it. 


I told them I've been singing and praising God and I know the God I serve is a miracle worker. I was still talking when the nurse interrupted


"So, is that why you are playing with the dead" the nurse interrupted.

"I'm alive, I am alive but...." my dad was saying. Before he could finish saying what he had to say, my greatly surprised Uncle came closely to me asking what I did and how I did it. 


The only thing that dropped in my heart then was  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" I guess that was a perfect answer.

"Come off it, what happened here" my neighbours cut in curiously asking no one in particular.

Everyone was confused and amazed. We all needed to know what has happened.


"I had an encounter and that's why I'm back to life" my dad struggled to say.


He was assisted to sit up by my uncle. Everyone was ready to listen to his encounter. I almost didn't remember I haven't heard anything yet about my mother; whether she is alive or not I don't even know but what is most important now is that we serve a God who doesn't disappoint. I was very grateful and certain he will take care of mom too


"Can I get a cup of water first" my father requested.

The nurse rushed out of the room to get the water.


What happened next?

Watch out for the next episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...