Monday 28 September 2020

TANGLED S2 EP2

Season 2, Episode 2.


It wasn't like we have rested a minute before all this drama started and with the instructions from the hospital, we are supposed to get home and rest.


My uncle on the other hand, had been away from his family, his wife too. His intention was just to take us home that day after which he could go back home too. The journey from our house to his house is over 7 hours and he couldn't afford to travel late into the night.


With the unexpected drama we met at home, I know it will be very impossible for my uncle to travel back that day and also, we may not get enough rest as instructed.

Before we knew it, the whole negotiation was taking longer than we expected. 


"Let's take it back a bit so you can understand what we are here for. You may have your seat when you are tired of standing" Katurina said but my father wasn't ready to sit infact it wasn't necessary. 

I could feel my dad's countenance changed. I knew he was very angry now both in the spirit and in the physical.


"I can't leave you to handle this alone. We may need to wait till tomorrow before we leave" uncle Jude said out of concern.

I still don't know why my dad declined the offer of sitting down when he knew that we all are tired already and we needed to rest.


"Kate, your mother belongs to this Fitina group and her name was Yaramina. Let me ask you, do you know the story around your birth?" Safina asked my mother.

"No! No! I am of the LORD and the LORD gave me to my parents. Infact, I was born in the church's mission house" my mother said hurriedly.


The 3 women laughed hysterically and annoyingly and this went on for about 2 minutes nonstop. I really can't figure out what the laugh was about but I was curious to know how much they had to say and what they had to offer.


Eventually, my uncle suggested that we all have a seat as it seems the meeting wasn't going to end anytime soon.

"Mission house? That's worth laughing at because if you know the story around your birth, you won't be spewing thrash like this" Jimakia said.


"I won't take any insult from any of you, not in my house and not to my wife" my dad was beginning to get furious even amidst his curiosity.

"Shut up young man and listen to all we have to say, do you think we have all day?" Safina said and instructed Katurina to continue the story they were about to share.


"Many years ago, your mother came to us that she was at the verge of being sent out of her husband's home because for 5 years, she has been looking for the fruit of the womb and she hasn't find one. We promised to help her but with a but" Katurina was interrupted by my mother.

"That is not true, my mother prayed and God gave me to her. It is true she had a bit of delay but all these you are saying is not true" my mother said.


"We don't have time to waste, so just listen to the end" Jimakia cuts in.

"The but we gave her was that she must initiate you to the group because you are our own and our blood runs through your veins. Before your mother died, she tried every possible means to initiate you but it kept failing. The last attempt she made was what took her life" Katurina continued.


"Your mother came to visit you about 2 years ago and she died immediately she got back to her house. We got angry and took her blood for renewal of the annual party. You had a befitting burial for her but her meat and bone was shared amongst us. Your mama's blood tastes so sweet" Katurina concluded laughing. 


"Ewww, disgusting something" my aunt didn't know when she responded. She hasn't even said much since the whole drama started because she was scared as well as confused.

"Enough of this nonsense!" my dad got up angrily and this time I knew he could do and undo. No one really knew exactly what was going through his mind.


"Listen and listen well, we stand on the Blood of JESUS and his Name, my family doesn't have anything to do with you any longer because he has redeemed us and calls us his own" my father said with confidence. 

I didn't know where the confidence came from but I knew it wasn't by power or by might but by the Spirit of God.


"For there is nothing darkness has to do with light. For this is the reason why the son of God was manifested to destroy the work of the devil"

We all got up and held hands together as my father was talking and we started praying. 

"Blood! Blood! Blood!" the 3 women started shouting.


"The name of our Lord Jesus is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and they are saved" my father said as we all kept on saying "Amen".


"He has given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father" my father concluded.


"The Blood of Jesus!" my mother screamed and she fell on the chair.


The 3 women were badly injured as we pray. Minutes later, we couldn't find them again.


"Kate! Kate! Dear, open your eyes" my dad rushed towards my mom while my aunt was fanning her with the scarf in her hands.


My mother eventually opened her eyes and she felt different.

"Something strange moved out of my body with full force and it rendered me weak till I blanked out" my mother said.


"The LORD has given us VICTORY and this time, it shall be permanent in Jesus name" my father said and we all echoed AMEN! 

Then I remembered one of the songs we were taught in children's church. I started singing and everyone joined me.


"Victory, Victory, Hallelujah, Jesus conquered the devil patapata" we all danced and kept on praising God.


A knock on the door interrupted our moment of praise.

"Who is that again?" My mother murmured. 


Who was it?

Find out in the next episode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...