Wednesday 25 July 2018

Boomerang Episode Eight

Title: Boomerang
Story by O'nezer

Episode 8

"Good evening" Segun who was at the forefront greeted back.

"What can I do for you?" the lady quizzed looking over Segun's head at the rest of us.

"Let them in" a voice from the inside beckoned.

"I've been waiting for them" he continued as we marched into the Mable wall, well-furnished living room with a plasma TV showing a music video from MTV base.

The trip to this house was a 30minutes drive from my place. It was situated quite a distance from the School and most likely one of the 'for rent' apartment. It was a twin flat, but this spelt of luxury.

"You're welcome. Do make yourself comfortable" the voice welcomed us in as he stood before the TV hand in the other.

He was a lanky young man who was well built and neatly groomed. He had a little baldness on his forehead, but his hair cut seems to cover for it.

"It's nice to have you here" he continued now settling into a chair right beside the TV gadgets.

"My name is Lekan, but you can call me Sharp" he introduced himself and beckoned on us to do the same.

We all did and Segun introduced me as the Leader. With my heart in my mouth, I nodded, stretching out my hand for a shake.

"It would be nice working with you guys. You all look bold for your age." we gave a naughty grin at his compliment.

Segun must have learned so much from John, else, how did he come to know a cult guy?" I reasoned within me.

We had plans to set up our own cultism group as we have heard people say 'only Cultist could make it through with immoral behavior through any tertiary institution' we had it all planned out but having John yet to resume in the 9th week of resumption, we have to settle for something else and Segun paved the way.

Lekan, as he had earlier introduced himself went in and brought out some forms for us. He explained in detail what to do and how to fill it in.

"You came here of your own will and you must be ready to abide by the rules without giving us any headache" Lekan who had warned us to call him Sharp or we don't call him again explained.

"You will meet other members and we will tell you our meeting days" Sharp concluded.

"Everything that happens here stays here and die here. Not a word to anyone out there, not even your friends" Sharp explained each word of this with strictness and it sank in that we must keep it a secret.

The drive home that day was a quiet one. I remember Samuel telling us he was left with only ten thousand naira and how he dared not call his parents to ask for money because they gave him more than enough. I still have more than five hundred thousand with me and I can't but wonder what extravagance came upon them to spend so much within a little time.

"Just two months" my mind calculated.

I know I had made the suggestions and supported Segun in searching for someone to guide us through, but I just didn't feel right with what we were getting ourselves into. Most especially being the Leader, but I knew that there was no turning back like Sharp had warned us.

The night was a long night as I kept turning in bed with different negative thoughts.
"My first year in the University, I'm already into cultism" I rolled over to my table to get a bottle of vodka to calm my nerves.

I soon slept off and the shouts from my neighbors woke me up the following day. I looked up at the time, it clicked 10:00am and I stretched wiping perspiration off my eyes.

My mind calculated that I had a program for that day, but I couldn't figure it out. I racked my ached head and I couldn't find an answer.

"Where had the thought of Keren traveled to? Oh mine" I jumped out of bed

"I have a girl to stalk" I smiled making my way to the bathroom with my form, laying helplessly on the table.

I found my way to the department of Law and I roamed aimlessly around the place. I tried to find a place where I could sight anyone coming in and at the same time, anyone going out. I finally did and as I moved away to go, I bumped into someone and accidentally pushed him to the floor.

"Which kind guy wey no get muscle like this?" those were my thoughts as I bent to apologise and help the guy up.

"Father Lord!" I exclaimed as he made a move to hit me.

What next?
Watch out for the next episode
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...