Sunday 29 July 2018

Boomerang Episode Fourteen

Title: Boomerang
Story by O'nezer
Episode 14

Going home during the holiday had was a challenge. I was so addicted to alcohol and drugs just to keep me in check, but reverse was the case as the effect made me more arrogant.

"When did you become like this?" my mom cried.

My dad seem unconcerned, but the first day he called me to his room to have a word with me, my dad knelt down before me where I was sitting on the bed.
"Please Bode..." was all my dad could say as he couldn't fight back his tears.

If anyone had told me my dad could cry, I'll tell them how impossible it is. Here is my dad holding on to my feet and wailing like a little baby. He had more to say, but only the tears could be uttered.

I knelt down and picked daddy up looking into his eyes.
"I promise I'll change" I felt all emotional seeing my dad's red eyes and dripping nose.

I cleaned up his face for him with my hands and my shirt. I could see the pain in his heart boldly written on his face, but I was far gone in this and there's no turning back. I just had to give them my words and tried as much as possible to be composed whenever I'm at home.

"I'm always praying for you and the devil has lost the struggle over your life" my dad had prayed for me.

"Amen..." I smiled knowing how successful the devil has been.
"There is no escape out of this daddy" I muttered.
***
Money wasn't an issue for me and I had it in plan to get myself a car by the end of our third year. I won't take it home to save my parents from having more negative thoughts about me.

I could save really well and when the likes of Segun, Samuel and the rest were complaining of being broke, I always had more than enough in my account.

Another operation was here and this time, it was at the Rectors apartment.
Samson, my sworn enemy had a thing against the rector and he wanted revenge.

"What if I plan a revenge against you too?"
"See how he is speaking confidently like he is a saint" those and many more were my thoughts as he spoke.

I had always disliked Samson and I preferred to call him Samson to a point I forgot his nickname. Samson hated my guts, and he knew I had something against him, and our rapport was minimal.

My furry didn't permit me to hear a word of what his grievances was about, but I was attentive to the plan as Sharp gave the details. He will be in our company this time around and his words sent hails from everyone to fill the room.

Two days later and it was time to head for the school rector, Mr Aguda residence. We know him to be a strict man and his lanky physique was somehow intimidating. I guess that was why Sharp followed us.

Two space buses were made ready. We were fifteen heading there and each one had his task. 11:30pm and we set out from Sharp's mansion.

Silent chants filled each bus, but the smoke from each stick in everyone's mouth was thick enough for a locomotive engine smoke.

"Everyone remember your duty!" Sharp said as we approached the house.

As the leader of my own crew, having the privilege to be in the same car with our overall boss, which to me was normal, to others, they held me in high esteem.

The plan was to beat Mr. Aguda to pulp and then beat his wife minimal, and anyone in his house too. We were not permitted to touch the children or kill anyone except the police or security service of the school comes to disrupt our plans.

Mr. Aguda residence was a fenced bungalow. And the compound was decorated with flower plants here and there to make the place look beautiful and it was sure beautiful.

The fence wasn't too high for a climb and like we planned before, one of us will jump in, someone will knock, the gateman will try to act funny and the one inside will lead him to open the gate without foiling the plan.

It was successful! The gateman was tired down and his mouth gagged as we made for the main building.

Our cars were neatly packed in a corner to avoid any security patrol from suspecting anything.
Two guys were at the gate within the compound in case of emergency. One at the backyard should anyone want to escape from there.

Sharp had instructed we bring everyone from the boys’ quarter into the living room to prevent any eventuality. We only found three guys in the boys’ quarter of about 7rooms and my heart sang when I saw John. We were masked, and I guess Segun, and others who knew John had to act professionally.

Sharp rained curses on Mr. Aguda who was faced down on the tiled floor of his living room. His wife was shivering and pleading beside his two beautiful ten and eight-year-old daughters respectively, but Mr. Aguda was unmoved.

Sharp raised Mr. Aguda to his feet and hit him with the side of the gun.
The scream from Mr. Aguda made the three boys of which one of them was John, look up. I could feel their pain, but I guess they were powerless because we held a gun.

Mr. Aguda was pulled to the ground by a kick from Samson behind. At that moment, John stood up from where he was and he rushed Samson some blows not minding the many pointed gun.

John must have had a sharp object with him as we saw blood gushing from Samson's shoulder and an immediate gun shot from between the two guys who were seconds ago exchanging blows.

"Everybody retreat!" Sharp screamed as he made for the door.

Mrs Aguda and her kids already gave a loud cry at the sound of the gun, and every one of us made for the door already.

Samson pulled John's blood drenched body away from him. Samson had shot John during the wrestle and John only gave Samson a deep cut on the shoulder, he was bleeding profusely. I wanted to walk away and join the crew outside while Samson came behind me.

I turned around, aimed at Samson and fired two shots at him. The loud cry filled the house again and I knew better to escape at that moment.

Running outside the house, I could hear the police serene approaching the residence. I took for the backyard and hopped the fence for my lucky escape.

I walked ahead, and I saw a deserted area. I hid my gun in a place and with the help of my phone torch, I was able to sort some grass to cover it up. I ran to my apartment, picked my ATM card and began my race to an unknown place.

What next?
Watch out for the next episode
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...