Thursday 26 July 2018

Boomerang Episode Nine

Title: Boomerang
Story by O'nezer

Episode 9

I already saw the clenched fist as he aroused himself from the ground and I knew I was up to something big. I was obviously at fault for not focusing on where I was heading.

"Bode!" the fist hung in the air.

"John!" I exclaimed, and we rushed into each other embrace.

We released to have a proper view of each other and we continued our hug from where we stopped.

"Where have you been?" I asked, so happy to contain my joy.

"You guys couldn't even ask after me?" John frowned.

"Come on, we tried calling you severally to no avail and we had to settle for the thought that your aunt found you and took custody of you" I explained as I took John in from head to toe.

"No, she cares less about me" John looked around and back into my eyes.

"I had an accident that almost claimed my life" John explained, pulling up his long sleeve shirt to show me a scar.

"Oh mine" I exclaimed
"We never imagined that" I looked at the fresh scar that had half of his left arm from the elbow downward.

We got talking and I led the way to get a cab back to my room.

"When did you arrive?" I asked as I turned the knob of the door.

"Just Thursday" John replied as he came in behind.

"I have been hoping I meet anyone of you after my registration" he explained as he took a chair by the table to sit on.

"Wow! They still allowed you to register?" I asked knowing the registration was closed two weeks ago.

"Yes, I came with my medical reports given to me by the school rector who was part of the rescue team that helped my partially burnt body to the hospital.

"So good of him" I smiled as I rolled over the curtains to ventilate the room.

"He said I can live with him for as long as I wish and he will cover my school fees till I'm through" John continued as he picked a paper from my table.

"That's good News bro!" I exclaimed staring into my phone on my bed.

"Let me inform the guys that you are here" I said happily as I placed my phone over my ear to inform Segun before the rest.

"You shouldn't read that!" my smile turned to a frown as I snatched the paper with the heading 'Gracious Enough Fraternity Brothers' that was my form left carelessly on my table.

"So soon?" John wore a confused look.

"We were so worried about your disappearance and we had to find a means as the guys were almost going broke" I tried to explain as I put the form in a safe place in my traveling box.

"Going broke?"

As much as I was excited, being rhetorical was the last thing I wanted to do right now.
"You heard me well!" I vented out.

"But we all had enough money to last us a whole year, how come with being broke in just two months?" John felt disappointed.

"I wasn't broke and I'm not still broke, but the guys were, and they came to me explaining how they had spent it on girls and all that. Segun now gave us this option and reminded us of our plans to form a cult group when we get to the University" I tried to be calm and explained in detail.

"I'm sorry I said that, but my words are no longer valid, please don't do this" John was almost on his knees.

"There is no turning back bro. So, said Sharps who gave us the form" my words met with John's eyes almost in tears as the door opened with Segun bagging in first and the rest behind him.

Segun knew better to bring the rest along and I was excited they showed up at the right time. They were in tears, hugging and celebrating as John gave us the details of his ordeal all the while.

"It's so nice to see you again" Segun held on to John's hand for a long while.

The day was far spent and they all had dinner in my apartment as we collectively made the dish. We ruminated on our escapades as we ate our meal.

To our surprise, John was the first to say 'goodbye' and we all wondered what came over him. We all concluded he had to leave and refused to take alcohol because he was living with the rector.

"Did you tell John anything?" Segun turned back to ask when it was time for him to go.

"What comes up here dies here" I recited Sharp's words in a much worried tone.

"I trust you to know better" Segun winked as he said goodbye for the night.

I heaved a deep sigh as I was all alone now. I thought about the previous day and how each event unfolded. Now today and my initial journey to find Karen and how I met John who now seem like a ghost of himself
"or could he be a ghost who came back to warn us about what we’re trying to do?" I shivered at the thought and hastily beg sleep to take over my eyes.

What next?
Watch out for the next episode
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...