Tuesday 24 July 2018

Boomerang Episode Seven

Title: Boomerang
Story by O'nezer

Episode 7

As new Students, there was always that distinction that told us off that we were new, we knew nothing and with our naivety we bragged about and did things 'extraordinarily' we were all in a world of our own.

We were not comfortable with John sudden absence.
"Did he change his mind about school"

"Or maybe his aunt found him and took custody of him"

"I still saw him three days before coming to resume. His phone is faulty, but he told me he would be resuming the next day" Segun, the closest among us to John explained and that was the umpteen time he would.

"or he had an accident?" different ideas filled the room which had now become everyone's central room.

All five had lodged in my room on their first day before they found an accommodation. I now seem to be the leader, but the only thing I was good at was organizing a smoking spree or a night out for drinks.

We were on a high level of spending money and we knew if we continue like this without a replacement, we would soon go broke within our first semester. Some had their money on girls, but mine was on alcoholic drinks and cigarettes. I never really got attracted to a girl, so I thought or let's say, I didn't take my time to assess a girl the way others did.

That was soon a past tense as I met Karen, a definition of tall, well-groomed and black beauty model. She held me spellbound with her appearance as I sighted her walk past my faculty administration hall along with some female friends, who I knew well in my department.

Like a magnetic force, I found myself standing abruptly from the corridor where I had leaned on. I hurried to meet up with the girls, but they were way faster and ahead of me. I kept my cool,
"I know what to do" I encouraged myself as I walked back to where I was before.

Agnes, a very fair lady with a long face that shone through her deep, dark long hair, who was one of the girls I saw with Keren said she would help me, so I planned to have a talk with her the following day.

"Yes, Karen I guess. She was wearing a purple blouse on a flowery skit when you saw her?" Agnes quizzed to be sure who I was asking after and I nodded affirmative.

"She is in the faculty of law and you know how busy they can sometimes be" Agnes gave me a naughty look that says 'I know it all' but I cared less.

"Help me out to meet with her" I adjusted feigning ignorance of her funny smiles as she stood balanced before her desk.

"If you want to meet her, go through the stress. She’s worth it" Agnes pulled away from before me to join her friends who were waiting at the door.

That was enough help, I brushed my hand through my hair and my mind planned out how to meet Keren

"Such a beautiful name" I gave a wry smile as I stepped out of the hall.

It was a Friday and I imagine how I'll get in touch with Karen at her department since it was a weekend.

"She most likely will be in her hostel or off campus" I tried to rationalize where to find Keren before the week was over.

"And how department is quite far from the other. Social Science to Law, she won't come around again and most likely Agnes would have told..."
"Guy! You are here?" Segun bagged into the room cutting in with my thoughts.

"Don't tell me you are not yet ready?" he continued with Samuel and some other guy coming in behind him.

"Ready for what?" I rubbed my face with my hands as I sat up in bed finally out of my thoughts.

"See this guy o!" Segun motioned to the rest and now all my friends were in the room.

"Oh ooo!!!..." I screamed.

"you just came in here and started saying something without explanation" I sat up well, now leaning my back against the wall.

"Oh, poor guy had been sleeping" Samuel smiled as he paved way to sit close to me.

"We discussed last week that since John our leader is nowhere to be found, we will find an alternative and you as our leader will take care of the task from where Segun stopped."

"Okay, that?" I rubbed my hand against each other as the reality of the moment dawned on me.

"Remember we will be heading for the place Segun suggested and we concluded we would be there this evening?" Segun explained as he brought out a match stick with a lighter.

"I remember now. Give me some minutes and by 8:00pm, we would take our leave" I explained looking into the wall clock that now clicked 7:05pm.

"Are you sure of what you're doing?" I asked Segun as we approached the house we were to visit that night.

"I'm very sure of this. Trust me guys" Segun walked closer to the house door bell and pressed the button.

"I choose to trust you" I gave one long drag from the cigarette with me before throwing it under my sandals and putting the light off, I stared at the other five behind me and looked at Segun who was standing before the door.

"Good evening" a lady with an air of her mid-twenties greeted with a confused look.

What next?
Watch out for the next episode
Osunniranebenezer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Scar Ep 8

Lakunle smiled and that left me with much confusion and questions in my head. "Could it be that he lost his brother?" "Could ...